Spring is here and with it comes new growth, fresh scents, and bright colors. Naturally, we want to bring that feeling of fresh and new into our homes. From big design changes to little ones, spring is a great time to spruce up your home!
Try some of these design ideas for your next home spring spruce up.
1. Spring is a great time to brighten your kitchen with new cabinets or countertops! If you want to change it up just a bit, try something as simple as adding new drawer pulls can give a clean and new feel to your cabinets. As the day light sticks around longer, why not bring that light inside with innovative lighting to enhance the beauty of your kitchen? Photo Credit Bryan Sebring
2. Your carpets can get well-worn and dirty over the winter months. Spring is a great time to replace your carpet with a hard surface. From hardwood to the newest vinyl tiles, this flooring choice is easy to clean, update your look, and add value to your home. Photo Credit Boa-Frank
3. Sometimes sprucing up your home is as simple as adding a pop of color. New pillows, throws, or even a painted accent wall can go a long way to brighten your space. Choosing the perfect bouquet of accent pieces is an easy way to bring spring inside. Photo Credit Monik Markus
4. Change fabrics for a bright and airy feel. Try a new bedcover with clean, crisp spring colors or new towels to spruce up your bathroom. Photo Credit Lisa Clark
5. Letting natural light in improves your mood and gives your space a sunny feel. Spring is the perfect time to get new windows, or you can choose to add new shades, blinds, shutters or sheers to your existing windows! The right choice can help bring the sun of spring in and dark of winter out. Photo Credit Roger Mommaerts
6. New ceiling fans and updated light fixtures always add a fresh feel to a room. Try lighter colors rather than dark woods. A bright white table lamp ceiling, fan, or white pendulum lighting may be just the thing to freshen up your room. Photo Credit Mary Walker
Sprucing up your home for spring can be as easy or involved as you want it to be. It may be as simple as helping you to pick new fabrics and paint, or as involved as choosing new flooring or cabinets.
Either way, this Spring The Norfolk Idea Center is ready to help you make those important design choices. Call today and let’s get started!